Saturday, October 14, 2017

October 14, 2017 : Blog for Thursday

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't post for the last 2 days, but on Thursday I my parents wouldn't let me post because I had to much stuff to do and on Friday, I was just too tired. So here's what happened : On Thursday I had Consumer Science and I got in a fight with a friend. I ended up eating no cookies and getting only one picture. Here is the picture of my group putting what we created last time on the cookie plate :



Sorry about the picture being twisted, but I didn't know what setting I took the picture on. Here is a picture of what a Snickerdoodle should look like after it is cooked :


Here is a copy of the whole recipe for your convenience :

..............................................................................................................................................
Bake at 375 degrees

Ingredients
3 / 4 cup sugar
1 / 2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1 / 2 teaspoon vanilla
3 / 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 / 4 teaspoon salt
1 / 4 teaspoon baking soda
1 / 4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Equipment

measuring cups and spoons
large mixing bowl
wooden spoon
small mixing bowl
spoon
cookie sheets
ruler
hot pads
pancake turner
cooling rack

Directions

1. In large mixing bowl cream the 3 / 4 cup sugar and the butter or margarine with a wooden spoon. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. In small bowl stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir into butter mixture with wooden spoon till well mixed.
3. In another small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
4. Turn oven oven to 375 degrees. Grease 1 or 2 cookie sheets with some shortening.
5. Shape dough into 1 - inch balls; roll each in the sugar - cinnamon mixture. Put balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Put the pan in the oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Use pancake turner to put cookies on rack. Turn of oven.

Quantity : 36
..............................................................................................................................................

So that's the recipe! Our group accidentally added the cinnamon sugar mixture into the dough, and then rolled it in the cinnamon, so we had extra cinnamon sugar! I still don't know what it tastes like, so I will probably cook it at home. So that's it for Thursday! I will post the blog about Friday in about 30 minutes. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews