Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10, 2017 : More cooking & new stuff!

Hey guys! Its Lightning again. If your wondering why I'm calling myself LightningRocketSoul and it says I'm LightningGamer, it is because LightningGamer was my old name for my account because I was trying to create a YouTube channel. If any of you guys can tell me a way to change it, please tell me! Also, I have OCD, that stands for obsessive compulsive disorder, so it is really annoying when in a comment section a sentence is not correctly punctuated or capitalized, I might even delete the comment if it gets on my nerves to much.

Well, now to the good stuff. In Consumer Science, which is my second period class, we were baking Snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are cookies made of oil, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. What I think is awesome about Snickerdoodles is that it is made out of cream of tartar, which is a powder that is left behind when making wine, and it isn't alcoholic! My friends started to joke around after the teacher said that because they said they both went drunk after drinking root beer (Is that possible?). Our teacher told us that we wouldn't be able to finish it in one day, so we only worked on the first 3 steps, which are below :

Bake at 375 degrees

Ingredients
3 / 4 cup sugar
1 / 2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1 / 2 teaspoon vanilla
3 / 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 / 4 teaspoon salt
1 / 4 teaspoon baking soda
1 / 4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Equipment

measuring cups and spoons
large mixing bowl
wooden spoon
small mixing bowl
spoon
cookie sheets
ruler
hot pads
pancake turner
cooling rack

Directions

1. In large mixing bowl cream the 3 / 4 cup sugar and the butter or margarine with a wooden spoon. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. In small bowl stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir into butter mixture with wooden spoon till well mixed.
3. In another small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
..............................................................................................................................................

I did not post all 5 steps yet because I want you guys to see the result before trying it out for yourself. I will have my next consumer science class in 2 days, so if you want the rest of the recipe check out this blog in 2 days! After the first step my group came out with this :


After going half way through the second step my group had this :


And then when we mixed them together we had this :


Sorry if the angle of photography is bad, but I had to take it with my school Chromebook, and it only had a camera on the computer screen side. You can see the guy that is holding the two bowls before they were mixed, I haven't asked weather or not I can give his real name yet, since giving the information could be harmful to him, so I might be able to post his name tomorrow.

For English class today we had to brainstorm ideas of what to write about in our monthly realistic fiction short stories. I thought up a lot of idea and then narrowed it down to nuclear war (Choice A) or a guy going through the experience of being hacked and losing everything he has (Choice B). I have created a vote screen on the side of this article to Choose A or B. Thanks for reading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews