Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October 11, 2017 : Another Day of School

Hey guys! Sorry I posted this late, but I have something called "Math Circle that goes on till 7 : 30 PM". But I saw something amazing there, a binary clock! Here is a picture of one :


A binary clock represents the time in binary. No light represent 0, and light represents 1. I hope I can get a binary watch!

Well anyway, today was just another day of school, but it was unique in its own way! Today, instead of having Consumer Science, I had Gym and Orchestra.

In Gym each team got to be part of a Speedball game twice. Speedball is basically soccer plus basketball. You cannot pick up the ball if it is on the ground and you can only change it back to basketball if you hit it in the air and catch it. My team didn't score a point in both teams, but in the first game we only let them score on us 3 times and in the second, once.

In Orchestra we are playing the songs "Carol of the Bells", "Music from Frozen", and "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies". We have other songs we play but we only practiced these 3 songs today. I've basically master "Carol of the Bells", halfway master "Music from Frozen", and 1 / 3 mastered "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies". We already had 45 minutes of practice for a period, and then added 45 extra minute for the whole Orchestra combined! I had English class, and for those of you who know Kahoot, I came in first! All the girls were so frustrated because they were the only ones on the leader board till I started to catch up. For Science class, my group continued to work on our presentation due on Monday. Then 4th period, Social Studies, we just worked on what she assigned to us, which was a worksheet, since she was absent. Math was awesome since I am good at math. Did you know I came in 6th place for my county for Mathcounts? Mathcounts is a competitive math competition for middle school kids like me. Today I met Sam Florin, the 1st place champion for Mathcounts in my state! I shook hands with him too! Also, I met him at math circle, so yeah, that was a good thing. That's it for today, bye!

P.S. I will post the second part of the recipe for Snickerdoodles tomorrow. I couldn't find the guy that was in the pictures yesterday, so no name yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews